Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Becoming a Utahan

I'm afraid my life is coming to a close. It is odd, the circle that my life has taken since I came into this world.

Let's start from the beginning. Birth. I was born near the rolling waters of the Jordan River, in Murray, Utah. My parents, at the time were living in my grandparents' basement. This was in 1983.

I moved away from Utah at such a young age, that I can't remember anything but my life away from it. I considered myself, in almost every aspect but my physical location to be an Arizonan. But my circumstances have changed.

These are all the things that I could use as proof of my Arizona-ness:

Exhibit 1: An Arizona drivers license (mine expires in 2048)
Arizona Driver License
(This is not mine.)

Exhibit 2: My parents live in Arizona

(These aren't my parents)

Exhibit 3: Most of my brothers and sisters live in Arizona

Exhibit 4: My truck is registered in Arizona

(not my truck either- looks like it though)

Exhibit 5: My truck's title is in Arizona

A couple months ago, I could have convinced you of my Arizona-ocity, but now, many of the reasons already mentioned have changed.

First of all, I got a new title for my car, a new registration, and of course new plates - all Utah. My phone number is 801 and my two of my sisters now live in Utah (thats 3/5 Lambson children). Finally, my parents, who I always thought would be moving off to some exotic country in south Asia when we all moved out, have opted to take a job in Utah.

Here is the odd thing - what keeps me up at night worrying. My life started in utah - I'm in utah now. It started when my parents lived in my grandparents' basement - that's where they live now. It started on Novemver 18 - that was 10 days ago. Am I living on borrowed time? Is the end near?

I sure hope not. What I hope is that this circle represents childhood coming to an end. I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam Lambson

Sam Lambson Photo

Profile

I will get along with you. You cannot resist my charm. Welcome to Sam Lambson . com where you will be sure to find everything you would want to stalk me. Let's be serious though -- here's my resume.