Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Another country, another world -- the swiss alps


So we finally made it to Switzerland. A couple months back when we were preparing for this trip, Tom suggested that we hit Switzerland and I told him, "Well, it would be cool, but it's really just another Italy."

I was completely wrong. This place is like no other place I've seen before. We spent our first day or so in a city called Zurmatt, which is in the shadow of the Matterhorn -- you know, the Dysneyland ride. This was a seriously extreme mountain. Tom had decided to go skiing on a glacier and I took a little hike. Pictures would be the best waz to expain. Enjoy...

2 comments:

  1. I hear switzerland totaly sucks? is that true? j/k i'm almost kicking my self for not going but rome is amazing and the Old Bridge makes an effing good gelato!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! I don't know when this thing is going to end, but if you end up in NYC after the 15th on the way back, give me a call. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete