Friday, July 14, 2006

Arrivato

Yesterday I arrived in Rome. During the last hour or so of my flight into Rome, I began to get a little nervous because I had no idea where I was going to sleep that night. On arrival, I collected my backpack and headed for the train. On the train I sat next to an italian girl who had just returned from a trip to Isreal. In the back of my mind I kept thinking that I should ask her if I could sleep on her floor that night, but that was a silly idea. I got of the train at NOmentana because that is where the mission office is. I went to the office and the first person I saw was Sister Rhein. We were so happy to see eachother. I ended up chatting with the Himes -- they're the office couple. Then I started calling people that I havn't spoken to in years. Some numbers were disconnected, but some, especially in Napoli, were there. Bruno Martino, the minute I told him who was calling said, °What do you want?" I said , "I want to come see you." then he said, "Okay, just call me when you're around." then we said bye and that was it. He did it without the least bit of excitement, and I don't even know if he remembers who I am. Little does he know that I'm planning on sleeping on his floor on Saturday night.

I did get ahold of Itala and Saul who offered to have me stay with them last night. So I slept for about 12 hours and today I'm going to meet Tom at the central station at about 6:30. We'll be stayin in Rome tonight with Emmanuele Di Lulio, a kid from Pescara who is going to University in Rome.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it to Italia. Your sister Sydney made it home from Paris last night. Your brother Paul is still in China. Another one of those "where in the world are my children" days. Luv, Mom

    ReplyDelete